If you are looking to buy a home in Moberly MO or the surrounding area, trust the local real estate experts at Advantage Real Estate. Visit this page or call today to learn more.
By asking the right questions, you can make sure your home search is started on the right foot. Here is a good checklist:
- Interview several lenders and get their opinions
- Choose a lender you trust
- Analyze your credit report
- Provide your financial statements to the lender
- Obtain a pre-approval letter
So many people begin the home buying process without their critical financial information. You just can’t start without it.
This may be the most fun part of the entire process, but you still need to make sure you are making an informed decision. Here is our recommended path:
- Make sure you sign buyer agency documents, and that you understand what is expected of you and your agent.
- Determine your wants and needs for your new home criteria, and don’t get persuaded away from them.
- Search both online and in person.
- Make sure you have an up-to-date market information.
Once you have decided on your potential home, this is where your Realtor earns their keep. Here are some of your responsibilities:
- Make sure you feel comfortable with the offered price.
- Consider writing a letter to the seller to accompany your offer – it can often make a difference in a competitive market.
- Read your seller disclosures carefully before you sign them.
- Ask questions of your loan officer so you understand the cost of financing your home and your estimated house payment.
- Proceed with initiating your offer.
Contract to Closing
Once your offer is accepted, the process that follows can sometimes be stressful. Try not to let it get to you. That why we’re here! However, knowing what’s coming can be helpful. Steps along the way include:
- Home inspection
- Lender underwriting process
- Home appraisal
Finally! The big day is here. It’s time to close. Here is what’s involved:
Choosing homeowner’s insurance
- The HUD-1 and your closing disclosures
- The deed of trust
- Signing the papers
- GETTING YOUR KEYS!